I was not sure about the cooking time instructions and had never used these veggies but it was perfect! I used 3 lbs and added one cup of broth. It was perfect for 4 adults and 1 kid with a little bit left over. Next time I'd go ahead and make 4 lbs of meat. Everyone wanted seconds! Even with 3 lbs, total cooking time was 2.5 hrs.
Braised Brisket & Roots
From EatingWell: Fall 2003
This braised brisket gets a decidedly wintery feel from the earthy-sweet flavors of carrots, parsnips and rutabaga.
2 Reviews for Braised Brisket & Roots
I made this for a pot luck Passover and it was a big hit. Easy to prepare, the spices made it very flavorful but not overpowering. And the root veggies and onions added dept and comlexity to the flavors. I found it easy to make. i started in the stove and finished the veggies on the stove top. I'll definitely make this one again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)