Braised Bok Choy with Tomatoes & Gruyere
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
The distinctive flavors of tomatoes, olives and Gruyere combine to give bok choy a Mediterranean flair.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 2-poundhead bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices whole-grain country bread, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Place oil and garlic in a large high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat and cook until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add bok choy, tomatoes and olives; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bok choy is tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Stir in salt; top with bread and cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Per serving: 121 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 347 mg sodium; 638 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (120% daily value), Vitamin C (70% dv), Calcium (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv), Folate (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- August/September 2006