I made these for a group of young girls and they were a hit. I substituted the canola oil with olive oil and served them plain (without the confectioners' sugar). They are brownie-like in texture and taste.
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Patti Anderson, a professional quilter, had never entered a cooking contest before she took our challenge. This quick, no-fuss, chewy chocolate cookie is made on your waffle iron. No need to haul out the big mixer, you can mix the batter with a small hand mixer or even by hand. Kids love these!
24 Reviews for Boot Tracks
I put whole wheat pastry flour Substitute in google and this is what I found.
Substitute for whole wheat pastry flour
Per 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour substitute 1/2 cup cake flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour (product will be more dense)
What can be substituted for whole wheat pastry flour?
Just made these for the holidays, and they were fantastic! Best when fresh and warm. Tasty with a little vanilla coconut milk ice cream on top. Yum! Can't wait to make these again next December!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)