I loved this! My son NEVER eats meat. I always put it on his plate hoping someday he will. Today was the day - he asked for more!!!
Boneless Pork Chops with Mushrooms & Thyme
Although this supper is made to serve two, you can double or triple the recipe so it becomes a family meal that's big on taste but still very healthy. If you'd rather not use vermouth, substitute unsweetened apple juice.
12 Reviews for Boneless Pork Chops with Mushrooms & Thyme
This just wasn't to my taste. I followed the recipe as is and found the mustard to be overpowering. Oddly, I have tried a different Dijon mustard/thyme combination that I loved. Not this time.
I made this last week for me and hubby and it was a big hit! Only change I made was I used dried thyme, but half the amount called for, since dried herbs are stronger than fresh. I've never really had vermouth before, so I wasn't sure how I'd like the sauce, but it was wonderful and earthy--excellent compliment with the mushrooms and thyme! Served with the creamed spinach recipe from this site (also amazing!!) and mashed potatoes. We will be making this again!!
This was very very tasty. I added a little corn starch to the sauch to thicken it up a little bit to make it more like gravy since we had it with mashed potatoes. I also didn't have vermouth at home so used chicken stock. I am surprised to read the other review about the overpowering thyme and wonder if perhaps too much was used. The thyme is what gives it the really distinctive and savory flavor. Would definitely make it again.
This recipe was delicious... I added a tbsp of half and half at the end (only added 20 calories) and it made the sauce so creamy and delicious. I also used dried thyme. GREAT recipe!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)