Boneless Pork Chops with Mushrooms & Thyme
Although this supper is made to serve two, you can double or triple the recipe so it becomes a family meal that's big on taste but still very healthy. If you'd rather not use vermouth, substitute unsweetened apple juice.
- 2 5-ounce boneless, center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed and pounded to 1/4 inch thick (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to 2 serving plates; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Swirl oil into the pan, add shallot and cook, stirring, until soft, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add vermouth and cook for 15 seconds. Stir in mustard, thyme and any juices that have accumulated from the pork; cook until the sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, 1 to 2 minutes more. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To pound the chops flat, place them between two sheets of plastic wrap on a stable surface. Pound steadily with the smooth side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy saucepan until 1/4 inch thick.
Per serving: 298 calories; 13 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 77 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 526 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (71% daily value); Potassium (17% dv), Zinc (17% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Valentine's Day