Bok Choy-Apple Slaw
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Bok choy serves as a peppery alternative to cabbage in this crunchy and creamy slaw. Try it with barbecued chicken.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups very thinly sliced bok choy, (1-pound head, trimmed)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned or shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar (or honey), celery salt and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Add bok choy, apple, carrot and onion; toss to coat.
Per serving: 56 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 272 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Labor Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- August/September 2006