Bok Choy-Apple Slaw
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Bok choy serves as a peppery alternative to cabbage in this crunchy and creamy slaw. Try it with barbecued chicken.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups very thinly sliced bok choy, (1-pound head, trimmed)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned or shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar (or honey), celery salt and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Add bok choy, apple, carrot and onion; toss to coat.
Per serving: 56 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 272 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Labor Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- August/September 2006