Bok Choy-Apple Slaw
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Bok choy serves as a peppery alternative to cabbage in this crunchy and creamy slaw. Try it with barbecued chicken.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups very thinly sliced bok choy, (1-pound head, trimmed)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned or shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar (or honey), celery salt and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Add bok choy, apple, carrot and onion; toss to coat.
Per serving: 56 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 272 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Labor Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- August/September 2006