Blueberry & White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies
From EatingWell: December 2006
These easy cookies are a real snap to make - just stir and bake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oats, quick-cooking or old-fashioned (not instant)
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (see Tip)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Whisk flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt and ground ginger in a small bowl. Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; stir to combine. Add oats, chocolate, blueberries and crystallized ginger; stir just to combine. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until puffed and barely golden around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the pans for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Tip: Dried cranberries or cherries will also work in place of blueberries; all can be found, along with crystallized ginger, in the baking, dried fruit or produce sections of many supermarkets and natural-foods stores.
Per cookie: 115 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- December 2006