Blueberry & White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies
From EatingWell: December 2006
These easy cookies are a real snap to make - just stir and bake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oats, quick-cooking or old-fashioned (not instant)
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (see Tip)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Whisk flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt and ground ginger in a small bowl. Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; stir to combine. Add oats, chocolate, blueberries and crystallized ginger; stir just to combine. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until puffed and barely golden around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the pans for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Tip: Dried cranberries or cherries will also work in place of blueberries; all can be found, along with crystallized ginger, in the baking, dried fruit or produce sections of many supermarkets and natural-foods stores.
- Storage smarts: To extend the life of your baked goods, store them in an airtight container in a single layer or between layers of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Per cookie: 115 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006