I was worried this wouldn't be sweet enough but it was just right. Everyone loved it. I was asked for the recipe. I will definitely keep this on my list of blueberry desserts, which is one of my favorites.
Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
For this tart a few tablespoons of maple syrup sweeten the blueberry topping and round out the flavor of the cream filling.
16 Reviews for Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust
I happened to have some Neufchâtel in my fridge and never used this ingredient before and thought this recipie would be perfect to test it out when I needed to make a dessert last minute. I would have given it 5 stars but needed a couple tweeks to have a more complex flavor. To the filling I added about a tablespoon vanilla extract and about a fifth a cup raspberries and blended it in. Then in addition to blueberries I used a kiwi and a white nectarine for the fruit on top. Everyone loved it and had seconds.
Failed to set so ate it as a "soup". Any suggestions?? I followed the recipe carefully. BTW tasted very good.
This is truly a wonderful dessert. I originally made it for a dessert for my husband who was recently diagnosed with diabetes for a Memorial Day Party we had. He loved it and so did all the other guests. I should have made two! I have probably made it 4-5 times since then. Thanks for all of your great recipes. We love eating well, healthfully and deliciously!
I made this last night and used Kinninnick's Gluten-free Graham Crackers. It was outstanding and super easy to make. I only have a 11" tart pan so I had to double the recipe. I also agree with the reader that had to extend the baking time of the crust. I cooked mine 12 - 13 minutes.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)