From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Adding smashed fresh ginger to the syrup as it cooks infused it with flavor. Try on vanilla ice cream or lemon sorbet.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 coin-sized slices fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix berries, sugar, corn syrup, water and ginger in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until blueberries have broken down, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Serve warm or chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.
Per tablespoon: 35 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- July/August 1998