From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Cooked blueberries provide a base for a sauce of whole fresh berries. Serve over lemon sorbet or pound cake.
- 1 pint blueberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons eau-de-vie de framboise, or Chambord (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries with the sugar, lemon juice and water in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the berries pop and a sauce forms, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in framboise (or Chambord), if using. Transfer the sauce to a bowl, cover and chill until cold.
- Just before serving, stir in the remaining blueberries and raspberries.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- July/August 1993
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)