From EatingWell: November/December 2008
Dried blueberries give these pancakes a rich blueberry flavor and pecans liven up the texture with a bit of crunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, buttermilk and oil in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Tip: Place chopped pecans in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 259 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 54 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 356 mg sodium; 109 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- November/December 2008