Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
Say goodbye to frozen pancakes or box mixes: dried blueberries give this pancake mix rich blueberry flavor and the pecans liven up the texture with a bit of crunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make dry mix: Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- To make pancakes: Whisk 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk and 2 tablespoons canola oil in a medium bowl. Put Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix; add wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The mixture of dry ingredients can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Tip: Place chopped pecans in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 259 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 54 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 356 mg sodium; 109 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Other (non-main dish)
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2008