Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
Say goodbye to frozen pancakes or box mixes: dried blueberries give this pancake mix rich blueberry flavor and the pecans liven up the texture with a bit of crunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make dry mix: Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- To make pancakes: Whisk 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk and 2 tablespoons canola oil in a medium bowl. Put Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix; add wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The mixture of dry ingredients can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Tip: Place chopped pecans in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 259 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 54 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 3 g fiber; 356 mg sodium; 109 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Other (non-main dish)
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2008