Draining the yogurt results in a thick, rich texture. Fresh blueberries and lime are the perfect additions.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest, plus 4 strips lime zest for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Line a large sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set it over a bowl; spoon in yogurt. Place in the refrigerator to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, grated lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries are just beginning to break down and release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine. Garnish with strips of lime zest.
Tips & Notes
- Reduced-fat yogurts usually have more calcium than milk because milk solids are added as a thickener.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 low-fat milk, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation