Draining the yogurt results in a thick, rich texture. Fresh blueberries and lime are the perfect additions.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest, plus 4 strips lime zest for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Line a large sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set it over a bowl; spoon in yogurt. Place in the refrigerator to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, grated lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries are just beginning to break down and release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine. Garnish with strips of lime zest.
Tips & Notes
- Reduced-fat yogurts usually have more calcium than milk because milk solids are added as a thickener.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 low-fat milk, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less