Draining the yogurt results in a thick, rich texture. Fresh blueberries and lime are the perfect additions.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest, plus 4 strips lime zest for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Line a large sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set it over a bowl; spoon in yogurt. Place in the refrigerator to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, grated lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries are just beginning to break down and release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine. Garnish with strips of lime zest.
Tips & Notes
- Reduced-fat yogurts usually have more calcium than milk because milk solids are added as a thickener.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 low-fat milk, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit