Draining the yogurt results in a thick, rich texture. Fresh blueberries and lime are the perfect additions.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest, plus 4 strips lime zest for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Line a large sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set it over a bowl; spoon in yogurt. Place in the refrigerator to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, grated lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries are just beginning to break down and release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine. Garnish with strips of lime zest.
Tips & Notes
- Reduced-fat yogurts usually have more calcium than milk because milk solids are added as a thickener.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 low-fat milk, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit