Draining yogurt yields a pudding-like texture. Stirring in a lemon-infused blueberry compote adds tons of flavor—and antioxidants.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Set a fine-mesh stainless-steel sieve over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1 cup, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries just begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 475 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 low-fat milk
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less