Draining yogurt yields a pudding-like texture. Stirring in a lemon-infused blueberry compote adds tons of flavor—and antioxidants.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Set a fine-mesh stainless-steel sieve over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1 cup, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries just begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 475 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 low-fat milk
More From EatingWell
This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
Crock pots aren’t just for stewing big hunks of meat: you can...
Bust out of your lunch rut with our pack-and-go healthy lunch...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation