Draining yogurt yields a pudding-like texture. Stirring in a lemon-infused blueberry compote adds tons of flavor—and antioxidants.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Set a fine-mesh stainless-steel sieve over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1 cup, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries just begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine.
Per serving: 226 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 475 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (32% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 low-fat milk
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit