Blueberry Corn Muffins
Yellow cornmeal, preferably stone-ground, adds a delicious flavor and golden hue to these moist, honey-sweetened muffins.
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 standard 21/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- Whisk egg in a medium bowl. Add milk, honey and oil, whisking until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 18 to 22 minutes Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges and turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Per muffin: 172 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique