If I were to make these again I would NOT use the food processor to mix things, I'd just mix with my hands. And use bread crumbs or dry bread because these patties felt like eating meal slime. The flavor is fine, could use a little more kick I think, and I think the burst of whole berries mixed in would be much more interesting than blending them in undetectable (what's the point of having them in there if you don't get to taste them?).
Whatever the season, burgers remain America's favorite sandwich. When it is too cold to grill outdoors, broil the patties or use an indoor grill. In addition to the standard fixings—ketchup, salsa, onions and tomatoes—make your burgers more nutritious by adding dark greens, such as watercress or spinach.
5 Reviews for Blueberry-Beef Burgers
Very simple to make recipe with amazing results. Can't wait to have it again!
These burgers are an AMAZING break from the traditional, fatty, dry summer cookout burgers to which I have grown accustomed. I caramelized some red onions, and used them, some spinach, brown deli mustard, and a slice of low-fat provolone. YUMMY!!! However, I used venison instead of ground beef (no one noticed). All my friends flipped over them. I WILL be making these again.
A great suprise, it was amazingly very good, the layers of dejon mustard and blueberries with the beef
This is one of my secrets, too. People say that the blueberries (if noticeable) work well with the cheese if added.
Also I heard that blueberries mixed with ground beef makes it tastier if you have to reheat the burger.
I ad other things, too, sometimes (yellow mustard & worcestershire sauce) before cooking.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)