Blueberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Pureed banana gives this mixture an especially smooth texture, and orange-juice concentrate and crème de cassis add a complementary tang.
- 1 quart blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana, (1 medium)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup instant-dissolving sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis, or black currant syrup
- Puree blueberries in a food processor. To remove skins, force the puree through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Add bananas to the food processor and puree. Add the strained blueberry puree, yogurt, sugar, orange-juice concentrate and crème de cassis or black currant syrup and process just until mixed in. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
Per serving: 175 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 24 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (51% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1994