Blueberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Pureed banana gives this mixture an especially smooth texture, and orange-juice concentrate and crème de cassis add a complementary tang.
- 1 quart blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana, (1 medium)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup instant-dissolving sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis, or black currant syrup
- Puree blueberries in a food processor. To remove skins, force the puree through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Add bananas to the food processor and puree. Add the strained blueberry puree, yogurt, sugar, orange-juice concentrate and crème de cassis or black currant syrup and process just until mixed in. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
Per serving: 175 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 24 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (51% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1994