It's also good with vanilla yogurt instead of the buttermilk and artificial sweetener instead of sugar.
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Refreshing and colorful fruit smoothies called batidos are served at Cuban snack bars all over Florida.
5 Reviews for Blueberry-Banana Batido
Mostly good, but who needs the sugar? I substitute 1/2 packet of Splenda, and "Almond Breeze - Unsweetened", which has only 3g fat and no sugar.
how many servings does this make ??
I would forgo the added sugar as both fruits contain enough for sweetness as they are. I would also use soy or rice milk or a cup of fat free yogurt in place of the buttermilk.
I'm not much for buttermilk so I made mine with 1 cup of soy milk instead. It makes a very tasty smoothy, thick and creamy. I like that I've already got 1/2 of my fruits for the day.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)