Made this several times and it was always a big hit. Makes fantastic leftovers sandwiches. My only modification was to use red wine instead of the beer, since I already had it, and it still tasted great.
Blue Ribbon Meatloaf
In revisiting this classic, we put the meat back in the “loaf” by using ultra-lean ground beef and turkey. With fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs and beer-simmered sweet onions, you'll never notice the missing fat.
13 Reviews for Blue Ribbon Meatloaf
My husband and I LOVED this! Leftovers were amazing, either as sandwiches or reheated with potatoes. Even if you don't like meatloaf, you should try this - it's not the typical recipe!
This is the most AMAZING meatloaf I have ever made. I really like the flavors - beer, mustard, spices - and the fact that it is not all ground beef. And leftovers are so very good in sandwiches (whole grain bread, canola-oil mayo and fresh tomato for topping) - wow, yummm!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)