The half of a red pepper added just enough sweetness and let's face it everyone loves garlic so I put in 4 gloves.
Blue Ribbon Meatloaf
In revisiting this classic, we put the meat back in the “loaf” by using ultra-lean ground beef and turkey. With fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs and beer-simmered sweet onions, you'll never notice the missing fat.
13 Reviews for Blue Ribbon Meatloaf
The beer -onions added moisture and a gentle flavor. I reduced the thyme, and divided the meat into 4 small loaves. Saved baking time (20 minutes in microwave 70%, then 20 minutes in oven) Yummy!!!
Found this meatloaf to be tasty but overall too heavy and dense for my liking.
Beer-infused onions are genius. I would recommend adding Worcestershire to give it a little more punch. Very tasty, VERY meaty, and a big hit with the men in the house.
Overall, very nice flavor and texture. I thought the thyme dominated too much. Next time, I'll try a different seasoning profile, perhaps just slug of Worcestershire.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)