Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This bright-tasting vinaigrette is loaded with tangy crumbled blue cheese.
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend blue cheese, chicken broth (or water), olive oil, canola oil, tarragon vinegar (or white-wine vinegar), shallot, Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper in a blender until combined. (Alternatively, mash blue cheese and broth or water in a bowl with a fork. Add oils, vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.)
Per tablespoon: 58 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 88 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Simple Art of EatingWell