Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This bright-tasting vinaigrette is loaded with tangy crumbled blue cheese.
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend blue cheese, chicken broth (or water), olive oil, canola oil, tarragon vinegar (or white-wine vinegar), shallot, Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper in a blender until combined. (Alternatively, mash blue cheese and broth or water in a bowl with a fork. Add oils, vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.)
Per tablespoon: 58 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 88 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Simple Art of EatingWell