Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This bright-tasting vinaigrette is loaded with tangy crumbled blue cheese.
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend blue cheese, chicken broth (or water), olive oil, canola oil, tarragon vinegar (or white-wine vinegar), shallot, Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper in a blender until combined. (Alternatively, mash blue cheese and broth or water in a bowl with a fork. Add oils, vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.)
Per tablespoon: 58 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 88 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Simple Art of EatingWell