Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This bright-tasting vinaigrette is loaded with tangy crumbled blue cheese.
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend blue cheese, chicken broth (or water), olive oil, canola oil, tarragon vinegar (or white-wine vinegar), shallot, Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper in a blender until combined. (Alternatively, mash blue cheese and broth or water in a bowl with a fork. Add oils, vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.)
Per tablespoon: 58 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 88 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- The Simple Art of EatingWell