Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This bright-tasting vinaigrette is loaded with tangy crumbled blue cheese.
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend blue cheese, chicken broth (or water), olive oil, canola oil, tarragon vinegar (or white-wine vinegar), shallot, Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper in a blender until combined. (Alternatively, mash blue cheese and broth or water in a bowl with a fork. Add oils, vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.)
Per tablespoon: 58 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 88 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- The Simple Art of EatingWell