Blue Cheese Dip
From EatingWell: Summer 2003
If you have a garden or farmer's market nearby, there's much to be said for setting out a plate of raw summer vegetables and serving them with nothing more than a great dip. Here is one that everybody seems to enjoy, a creamy blue cheese dip that's good with crunchy radishes (provide some toothpicks for impaling them), baby carrots, broccoli and the like. Use enough of any combination of veggies to feed 4 or 5 people.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, (4 1/4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cream cheese, parsley, scallions, garlic, lemon juice and vinegar in a food processor; pulse until the mixture is fairly smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Add blue cheese, mayonnaise and pepper; pulse until smooth but still textured. You don't want the dip to be too smooth. If it seems to need a little thinning, add a teaspoon or so of water. Variation: For Parmesan Dip, substitute 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan for the blue cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 45 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 115 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2003