Bet this would be fabulous when we have our own garden tomatoes!
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
Here's a salad version of America's favorite sandwich. We use shredded tomato as a base for the creamy tomato-and-chive dressing—adding great tang and flavor along with extra vitamin C.
9 Reviews for BLT Salad
I loved this recipe, easy to make, very quick, and the dressing was absolutely delicious. I think next time I will substitute boneless skinless chicken breast for the bacon to make it a filling dinner salad!
This was quick and easy and quite tasty. I did add some italian seasoning to the croutons and used red wine vinegar, and also used Jenni-O turkey bacon. I also did not grate the tomato and just used a food processor for the dressing. Will make again.
This recipe was AWESOME! There's just something about mixing the tomatoes with the mayo to make the dressing. Definitely will make this again!
Shred (grate) the tomato and discard the skin? I'm at a loss on that one. I used chopped grape tomatoes and it was perfect. They're so sweet and tasty and way less work than "shredding" tomatoes. If you want to up the nutritional ante on this one, substitute barley or brown rice for the cubed bread. Oh, and I used Trader Joe's turkey bacon, which is really tasty and better quality than most turkey bacon.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)