Blood Orange-Pomegranate Mimosas
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
This twist on the mimosa is made with blood orange juice and pomegranate juice. It’s a special way to start any weekend or toast the holiday season.
- 3 cups chilled blood orange juice (see Tips)
- 3 cups chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (see Tips)
- Combine blood orange and pomegranate juices in a pitcher. Divide among 10 glasses. Top each with Prosecco. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: Look for blood orange juice near other refrigerated or shelf-stable specialty fruit juices in well-stocked supermarkets. Or squeeze your own juice from fresh blood oranges. If you can’t find either, regular orange juice will work too.
- To seed a pomegranate, fill a large bowl with water. Lightly score the fruit into quarters from crown to stem end, cutting through the skin but not into the interior of the fruit. Hold the fruit under water, break it apart and use your hands to gently separate the plump seeds (arils) from the outer skin and white pith. The seeds will drop to the bottom of the bowl and the pith will float to the surface. Discard the pith. Pour the seeds into a colander. Rinse and pat dry. Seeds can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Per drink: 138 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 331 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (63% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- November/December 2010