Black-Eyed Pea Dip
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Need a little incentive to eat more vegetables? Keep this easy, healthful dip on hand—who knew that raw vegetables could be so addictive?
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place peas, parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 31 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)