Black-Eyed Pea Dip
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Need a little incentive to eat more vegetables? Keep this easy, healthful dip on hand—who knew that raw vegetables could be so addictive?
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place peas, parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 31 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)