Black-Eyed Pea & Artichoke Salad
Frozen artichoke hearts are great to have on hand for just this type of easy salad. If you can't find frozen, go for the canned variety but keep in mind that they do have added sodium. You can rinse them under cool water to remove some of the sodium.
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 15-ounce cans black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut each artichoke in half. Combine with black-eyed peas, onion, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce and caraway seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 167 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 364 mg sodium; 379 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer