This is by far, the worst creation I have ever made in my kitchen. Please bare in mind I used to cook meth.
Black Bean Soup
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
This is a zippy Southwestern-flavored black bean soup. We make it with canned beans so it comes together in minutes. If you have leftovers, pack them up in individual serving containers for lunch the next day.
31 Reviews for Black Bean Soup
I would use vegetable broth instead of water, no sour cream, and would absolutely use cilantro (so good for you!!).
This was so bland, I'm sorry. I had to add salsa, way more salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, black beans, and it still tasted nothing like tortilla soup. A total waste.
I didn't use the canola oil as onions make their own liquid. I added diced carrots and garlic as well as celery to the sauté. 1 can of black beans and I didn't purée any of it. I made a cilantro and lime rice and put it over it. Don't leave the lime out in the end...it makes the soup, awesome.
I used chicken broth, Rotel tomatoes instead of salsa, 1 can of refried black beans so I didn't need to puree, added ground turkey, and served over cilantro and lime rice. Very yummy and hearty!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)