Black Bean Soup
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
This is a zippy Southwestern-flavored black bean soup. We make it with canned beans so it comes together in minutes. If you have leftovers, pack them up in individual serving containers for lunch the next day.
31 Reviews for Black Bean Soup
Even my (picky-eater) husband loves this. I used my emulsifier to puree half the soup instead of a blender. Chopped avocado on top is great too. Love this recipe.
This soup is so good! I only use 2 1/2 cups of water, and it comes out to a good consistency. The second time I made it, I added a little more salsa and threw in a chopped tomato, and it was even better. I used nonfat plain yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, and I couldn't even taste the difference.
While this soup was a bit watery when it was fresh, it tasted great after a day in the fridge. Definitely don't skip the lime, it adds a very nice tang.
One caveat, however - while we all know that beans tend to promote, er, flatulence, this soup seems especially potent. If I'm going to a social event later in the day, then I won't eat this.
So good just as written! Only change i made was to add a garlic clove with the onion. My hubby, who snubs his nose at anything without meat, had two bowls! Will make a double batch next time because my teenage sons are looking for leftovers.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)