Delicious, cheap, and easy to make! Will Definitely make again and again.
Black Bean-Smothered Sweet Potatoes
For a quick and satisfying last-minute supper, it's hard to beat a sweet potato zapped in the microwave. The fragrant filling of beans and tomato adds protein, making it a nutritionally complete entree. Be sure to eat the potato skin; it's full of fiber.
40 Reviews for Black Bean-Smothered Sweet Potatoes
Delish! We had as a side to london broil w/ chimichurri sauce. So good and so easy. Even the kids loved it!
Excellent quick and healthy meal! Used the suggestion of cinnamon, very good! This will be a regular on my plate!
A couple friends and I wanted a quick, healthy meal to throw together! Such a winner! We created our bean mixture on the stove top, adding sauteed onions. Next time may add garlic and a little cheese! Such a warm, yummy meal for winter time!
I'm surprised you don't mention how many of your recipes are dairy-free. The sour cream in this one, for example, can easily be substituted with dairy free sour cream. Although many may say, ewwww, the taste is delicious and almost impossible to taste. Cream cheese can also be found in a lactose free variety. It also is much better for you calorie, fat, and health wise. Stick margarine for baking and cooking is also to be found. I love your recipes and by changing some of the ingredients to dairy free, I am able to enjoy them. Being allergic to dairy has its drawbacks but, many companies are making it easier for me to have a better quality of life.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)