Black Bean-Scallion Sauce
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
This Asian-inspired sauce is a combination of black bean-garlic sauce, scallion, rice vinegar and crushed red pepper. It’s a salty-spicy sauce to drizzle on sautéed fish or chicken, or use it as a dipping sauce for grilled vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon black bean-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine black bean-garlic sauce, scallion, vinegar, water, oil and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Note: Black bean-garlic sauce, a savory, salty sauce used in Chinese cooking, is made from fermented black soybeans, garlic and rice wine. Find it in the Asian-foods section of most supermarkets or at Asian markets. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.
Per 1-tablespoon serving: 18 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 318 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2011