Use a good quality of canned salmon. These were really tasty, might be good with leftover chicken or shredded pork as well. Will make them again for sure!
Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Pickled jalapeños, cilantro and avocado perk up convenient canned salmon for a quick tostada topping. Skip store-bought and make your own crispy shells in the oven. Serve with: Brown rice cooked with diced tomatoes and onions or salsa.
39 Reviews for Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
Didn't have a problem with time. Started prepping/chopping while the oven preheated and things fell into place pretty well. Be careful not to add too much jalapeno juice. But overall, I thought they were delicious.
Everyone loved this and it was fun to eat. Avocados were kept separate since not everyone likes them. Lime was an important addition. The time estimate was way off.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)