Use a good quality of canned salmon. These were really tasty, might be good with leftover chicken or shredded pork as well. Will make them again for sure!
Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Pickled jalapeños, cilantro and avocado perk up convenient canned salmon for a quick tostada topping. Skip store-bought and make your own crispy shells in the oven. Serve with: Brown rice cooked with diced tomatoes and onions or salsa.
39 Reviews for Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
Didn't have a problem with time. Started prepping/chopping while the oven preheated and things fell into place pretty well. Be careful not to add too much jalapeno juice. But overall, I thought they were delicious.
Everyone loved this and it was fun to eat. Avocados were kept separate since not everyone likes them. Lime was an important addition. The time estimate was way off.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)