This is an excellent recipe - we've made it several times and everyone loves it - even the kids that don't like fish!
Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Pickled jalapeños, cilantro and avocado perk up convenient canned salmon for a quick tostada topping. Skip store-bought and make your own crispy shells in the oven. Serve with: Brown rice cooked with diced tomatoes and onions or salsa.
39 Reviews for Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
This was an excellent dinner. I really enjoyed it and the clean-up mess was minimal.One thing that I added (I know, more calories...not much though) was a little olive oil and vinegar to the cabbage mix. It gave it a little zing!Overall, very delicious.
This is a great starter recipe, I have made it twice but didn't follow exact recipe. I used refried beans, added salmon with onions & pepper mixed to top, placed two sardines on top of each, added shredded cabbage without additions, a little cheese (to make kid-friendly) and a dollop of peach pineapple chipotle sauce and cooked in the oven. My kids made this meal for lunch, quick & easy and very yummy. Great way to get omega 3s into our diet, with minimal oven time during the warm spring/summer months.
I had some leftover broiled salmon, so I flaked it with a fork and used it instead of canned salmon. Delicious! It was a little hot for me with the jalapeno juice AND the chopped jalapenos (maybe the peppers I used were a little stronger than others), so I might use less juice in the slaw next time.
Very yummy. Easy to throw together and good for kids.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)