I was afraid these quesadillas would be too healthful to taste good, but the tortillas are delicately crisp, and my husband didn't even notice that they were whole wheat. The filling is yummy, too. As for ease of preparation--my non-cook husband made these the second time around. He was amazed at how quick and easy they were. He definitely wants these on the menu again, whoever's cooking.
Black Bean Quesadillas
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
In a hurry? These satisfying quesadillas take just 15 minutes to make. We like them with black beans, but pinto beans work well too. If you like a little heat, be sure to use pepper Jack cheese in the filling. Serve with: A little sour cream and a mixed green salad.
57 Reviews for Black Bean Quesadillas
YUMMY!!! Very easy to make and filling. Made this just as the recipe was written. I think I will make them again next week.
I honestly thought that something so easy would just receive a meh from my family. My husband liked it enough make a second one. The kids loved the Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette suggested in the article. I made it for the salad, but my kids ended up drizzling it over their quesadillas. This will be on regular rotation for Meatless Mondays at our house.
SO SO SO GOOD!!! And SO easy to make! I was in a rut making chicken and salad every night, and had to make something different. Love that there are only five ingredients- and my 22 month old toddler gobbled them up too! This would also work as a quick appetizer to make while company is over. Thanks for a great recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)