This is a family friendly recipe that is easy to modify, although it certainly doesn't need it. I did add quite a bit more of the vinegar/spice mixture and added grilled red onion. The hominy provided a "corn tortilla" taste that uniquely flavored the dish. Although this is a perfect vegan meal, we also grilled chicken breasts and had a small portion as well as salad with it.
Black Bean & Hominy Succotash with Barbecued Portobello Mushrooms
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Here smoky-flavored grilled mushrooms are served over a black-bean-and-hominy succotash. Serve with: Cornbread and an avocado-and-tomato salad.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)