I didn't have all the ingredients needed, I improvised. The beans I drained but didn't rinse, left just a bit of the can juices, I used a drained can of RoTel instead of salsa and used 1T dried cilantro instead of fresh. It was great and I will definitely make it again.
Black Bean Dip
This lively dip can be made in minutes. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
8 Reviews for Black Bean Dip
Lively exactly describes this low fat low calorie appetizer! I served this at our pre Super Bowl party with homemade pita chips and even like a tapenade on whole wheat baguettes. Wonderful!
An awesome, incredibly easy dip, even starting with dried beans. It's great with veggies for a low-calorie snack.
My new signature appetizer! I made this salsa dip for a party of healthy eaters and was thrilled with the result! I don't own a food processor but used a small blender to mix the lime juice, cilantro and cumin with some of the salsa, then added that to the rest of the ingredients. The chunky effect was fantastic and I plan to make it my signature item for all parties. I suggest buying some heartier baked tortillas rather than making your own -- the homemade ones just didn't hold up the dip at all.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)