Bistro Beef Salad
Shallot vinaigrette unifies a simple salad of leftover beef, potatoes and cherry tomatoes; serve with a loaf of crusty whole-wheat bread and a glass of Cabernet.
- 4 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters (1 pound)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large head red leaf lettuce, torn (8 cups)
- 2 cups red or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 ounces cooked roast beef, or steak, thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with lightly salted water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk shallots, vinegar, mustard, parsley, tarragon and water in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Divide lettuce among 4 plates; arrange the potatoes, tomatoes and beef on top. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Per serving: 355 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 283 mg sodium; 615 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (100% daily value), Vitamin C (70% dv), Zinc (44% dv), Selenium (29% dv), Iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient