I have made this twice now. The marinade is great and I love the mixture of warm rice, grilled shrimp and crisp julienned vegetables. My partner said, "I could eat this every day." I couldn't find the Korean chile paste locally, so we just used Chile Garlic sauce. Fantastic.
Bibimbap with Grilled Shrimp & Mushrooms
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Bibimbap, a bowl full of sticky rice topped with several vegetables, meat or seafood and a fried egg, is one of the most iconic dishes of Korea. The artfully arranged little piles of vegetables may include carrots, spinach, mung bean sprouts and cucumbers. This tasty version has grilled portobello mushrooms and shrimp.
2 Reviews for Bibimbap with Grilled Shrimp & Mushrooms
One family member said she could eat this every day. The marinade was excellent. We could not find Korean chile paste locally, but we substituted with other Asian chile sauce. But the grilled shrimp and mushrooms paired well with the julienned fresh cool vegetables and the warm rice. And the egg on top is just fun. Yummy. We are making this again this weekend for company.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)