This were the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten! They were moist and chewy, not overly sweet, and the oatmeal gave them an amazing chewy texture and flavor. The only modification I made was I substituted the 1/4 cup of canola oil for applesauce because I didn't have any, and I also added some cinnamon to the dry ingredients. They came out amazing and didn't last long in my house. Thanks for this great recipe.
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
172 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Great cookie. I've made them twice, using a mix of white and dark chocolate chips. My mini-processor makes short work of the rolled oats.
YUMMY!! These cookies are so yummy. My family and I love them (I only bake what we eat and keep the rest in the fridge so not sure how they store baked) They are always delicious and a great healthy alternative!!
I replaced the oats with the almond meal and they were a beautiful even my fussy husband liked them. He said "they don't leave a flourly after taste like most cookies". A sure winner in my house. Thanks
I followed this recipe almost exactly, with one minor adjustment: I left the oats whole instead of grinding them. I didn't tell my friends that these were "healthy" cookies and everyone was surprised to learn of their whole-grain ingredients! I'll definitely make them again, but they do dry out fast...definitely a must-share recipe :)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)